Our initial funds are specific to causes we care about in San Francisco:
- Seeking Shelter: featuring top nonprofits helping people who are experiencing homelessness to get back on their feet
- A Greener San Francisco: featuring top nonprofits making our city more sustainable
- Women@: featuring top nonprofits that advance women in their professional journeys
These topics represent issues that are top of mind for young donors in San Francisco. We've heard that many San Franciscans care about these causes, particularly homelessness, but often aren't familiar with the top nonprofits to support. Plus, they're topics we personally care about!
Our decision making process for each fund includes:
1. Is there a specific problem that needs to be solved? Each fund must have a clear problem, a mission statement, and strategies.
2. Is there public awareness and interest in solving this problem? While we're hoping to educate the public on lesser known issues over the long term, the initial goal is to help those that already care about a cause get more connected.
3. Are nonprofits a meaningful part of the solution? We know there's a broader ecosystem than just the nonprofit world. We meet top experts in the space from the for-profit and non-profit sectors to understand the role of nonprofits in advancing us towards a solution.
Coming soon, we'll launch funds focused on childhood education, animals, and more. Over time, we hope expand to many more funds that cover a wider range of causes.
If you have suggestions for future funds, we'd love to hear from you. Please send us an email at email@example.com.